The city of lights, the city of love, the capital of fashion... Paris is always a good idea.
It's buildings, it's museums, it's arrondisements... Here you have a list of recommendations from a real Parisian: Caroline, our Art Director at laagam.
Take note of her tips to enjoy Paris!
Places to eat
- Sinople: a tropical jungle in the middle of Paris.
- Le garde temps: a bistronomie restaurant with a menu that changes every month.
- Foyer Vietnam: chefs from Vietnam cooking for a good reason: helping people from their country of origin.
- Kong: japanese-french fusion cuisine in a restaurant designed by Philippe Stark. Incredible views over the Seine river.
- Les bols de Jean: bread bowls filled with whatever you want.
- Hôtel Costes: the place to have dinner (specially) in Fashion Week.
Places to drink
- Le Comptoir Général: one of the coolest places in Paris. A hidden pub by the Canal Saint-Martin. The decoration is very eclectic, the cocktails awesome and there are also live concerts!
- La Recyclerie: to eat and to drink. This place is located inside an old tram station.
- Brasserie Barbès: brasserie with an industrial look. As French say, a "bobo" place ('buorgeois-bohéme'). This place is the sign of how Montmartre is changing into a more popular neighborhood. From the rooftop you can admire the Sacré Coeur.
- Martin - Boire et Manger: the perfect Planche Apéro: specialist butcher's and cheeses.
Places to chase the golden light
- Le perchoir-marais: really nice rooftop with views over l'Hôtel de Ville de Paris.
- Mama Shelter: funny rooftop with ping-pong tables and table football.
- Le 43: cool rooftop with cooler views of the Eiffel Tower.
Places to brunch
je brunch, et vous?
- Les Chouettes: great place to go with friends because it feels like home. It is decorated like an industrial place, but with really nice details.
- Paperboy: delicious brunch. Caroline's favorite. Despite the long queue, this brunch worths it.
- Marcelle: brunch for the cool kids in Montmartre.
Things to do
- Centre Pompidou - Le Beaubourg: the museum of contemporary art. Designed by Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers.
- La Fondation Louis Vuitton: designed by Frank Ghery, the Louis Vuitton foundation is a place where you can find music, paintings, photographies and much more.
- La Maison de la Photographie: dans le Marais, they host great exhibitions there.
- Fondation pour l'Art Contemporain: in Montparnasse, the foundation is of Cartier.
- Le Grand Palais: another unmissable must in the city of lights.
- Les Marché des Enfants Rouges: charming market where you can eat food from different countries.
Places to stay
- Hotel Molitor: an emblematic place in Paris. The most famous pool in the city. This piscine from the 30's was abandoned 10 years ago, and was all painted with graffitis. Now they have remodeled it into an incredible hotel.
- Ekta: fine designed hotel next to Les Champs Élysées.
- Mamma Shelter: a new hotel chain born in France with super cool design.
Places to shop
- Le Marché aux Puces de Saint-Ouen: it's very popular to say in french "aller chiner", what means find the very good deals. This is the most emblematic vintage market of Paris, where you can find real treasures!
- Merci: concept store near La Bastille. Fashion and design coexist in this cool place.
- La Cloackroom: dêpot-vente of cool brands at good prices.