Laagam just opened its doors at the spanish capital. Here’s what your need to know if you are traveling to the city any time soon.
Out of all the places to stay in the city, here are some of our favorites:
- Vincci de mint: located in the heart of Madrid's Gran Vía. The establishment offers the visitor an innovative avant-garde concept signed by the famous interior designer Jaime Beriestain, who has respected the essence of the building by providing his particular style. Its originality surprises and is perceived immediately by entering the hotel.
- Bastardo hostel: An ecosystem created for enjoyment in which you can attend a concert or a screening of a cutting-edge film, watch an exhibition, chat having a drink with Madrid-s rooftops in the background, share a good meal with friends and, of course, also to stay.
- Silken Hotel Puerta América: a 5 star hotel located near the center of Madrid, is a special place that invites those who visit to dream. A unique project that has brought together nineteen of the best architects and designers in the world, and has the luxury of having three Pritzker prizes (Norman Foster, Zaha Hadid and Jean Nouvel). Each of the 12 floors proposes a different room concept, they all play with different materials, colors and shapes creating a surprising space for the senses, an incomparable sensory experience. A museum where you can enjoy and relax.
- Ilunion suites: Located less than a block from Alfonso XIII metro station, 2.1 km from the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and 5 km from the Prado Museum.
- Eric Vokel boutique apartments: tourist apartments with Nordic design and Mediterranean soul.
- The Walt: modern condos in the heart of Madrid, just 150 meters from the famous Gran Vía.
Breakfast it’s important, but during the summer we sometimes sleep in and loose track of time. Stop and brunch then!
- Federal Café: original breakfasts, pastries and varied cuisine in a diaphanous local chic with Scandinavian style.
- Dray Martina: offers an informal concept in a very chic environment and vintage decoration to eat a simple offer, with a continuous schedule any day of the week. In the menus, there are dishes to share, such as croquettes of jerky, spinach and pear, before options such as the breaded chicken sandwich or the meat burger of Guadarrama; or desserts like cheesecake, served in a glass jar.
- Marieta: with an industrial design and a open kitchen view you’ll find all kind of mediterranean dishes and brunch service.
It’s time for some shopping, where to? From vintage to high-fashion, Madrid has it all! Some of our favorite shopping areas:
- Malasaña: the coolest neighborhood for the most amazing vintage and cute little stores and nice restaurants.
- Alonso Martínez: being the union point between very different areas such as Chamberí and Chueca you can find this colorful square dedicated to the Spanish jurist and politicians. From this fusion of neighborhoods are born flea markets, bars, restaurants and boutiques that are scattered through the streets of Alonso Martínez all mixed up in one. At night the indie, rock and jazz are the protagonists of the neighborhood.
- Serrano: one of the most famous streets in Madrid with all high fashion stores and glamorous restaurants.
Cool places you CAN NOT miss if you are around...
- Laagam’s guideshop: visit our newly open guideshop! Try out our products and have them immediately shipped home.
- Ghost station Chamberí:one of the scariest places in town, a haunted metro station for those who like a bit of adrenaline.
- Templo de Debod: an egyptian temple from the 2nd century BC. d. C. located at Parque del Cuartel de la Montaña.
- Crystal Palace: an incredible crystal structure located in one of the most famous and beautiful parks of Madrid.
- La terraza de Oscar: beautiful rooftop in Chueca, on eof the nicest pools in Madrid and the best bartenders! Always a nice, mellow crowd, good drinks, and the best view.
One of the best things about Madrid it’s definitely it’s gastronomy, try some of these delicious restaurants and let us know your thoughts.
- Juana la loca: best omelets in town as well as spanish classic tapas.
- Taquería mi ciudad: in the mood for tacos, don’t think it twice and stop by.
- Taberna Loredo: this space is a tasca of all life to which culture is added to its concept. It combines food and culture creating a very cool and chic environment
- El imparcial: besides the exquisite cuisine in this restaurant what makes it unique is that it is located in an old newspaper, with most of the structure conserved. Highly recommended.
- Amazónico: it'sdifferent environments allow you to enjoy the restaurant at any time of the day, either with a light lunch, tapas at the bar, savoring your cocktails or a restful dinner. It has a Jazz club on the basment too, for those who like to dance after a nice meal.
Besides food and shopping there are many other things you can do in this city
- El Prado museum: this museum presides over one of the most visited tourist itineraries of the capital: the Art Walk. In addition to Las meninas de Velázquez and Los fusilamientos of May 3 of Goya, masterpieces from Spanish, Italian and Flemish schools can be seen in their rooms. It has a valuable collection of 8,600 paintings and more than 700 sculptures. It’s a must!
- Thyssen Bornemisza museum: inside, we can find universal jewels of painting, from the Flemish and Italian until the twentieth century.
- Go to the theatre: there are many musicals and theatre plays going on every night in the city, so if you would like to enjoy a different night i’m sure you’ll find one of your taste.
Looking for some action at night, i’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Madrid is known to be a very charming as well as fun place when the sun goes down.
- Graf: an almost private club due to the exclusivity and entrance requirements. this is where glamorous people attend when they want to spend the night out.
- Fortuny: multifunctional space in Madrid where you can enjoy from a lunch / dinner in our restaurant, a cocktail in the afternoon, have a drink on the terrace or enjoy the latest music at night as it transforms into a nightclub.
- Gunilla: what could be more impressive than an Art Deco club. Designed by Interior Studio, the club respects the theatrical architecture of the space and updates it with furniture created exclusively with artisan details.
We hope this guide helps you! Write us your feedback if you do any of our plans!